My practice includes psychotherapy and supportive counseling for individuals and couples struggling with a variety of issues. I have a gentle yet straight-forward approach that allows us to work on striking a balance between current stressors/symptoms and patterns that have been learned throughout your life.
We can work towards finding that balance to help you start living the life you desire. I will work to create a supportive environment by listening and focusing treatment to your current needs. I utilize both traditional and more holistic ways to focus on your issues to reach your desired goal.
I use a client-centered therapy approach to treat a wide range of conditions.
My specialty areas include:
- Life transitions such as relationship issues, divorce, completing school, career changes.
- Grief and loss
- Geriatric mental health
- Supporting persons with a chronic or terminal illness
- Transgender and gender non conforming issues and evaluations for surgery
- Parenting concerns, new parents, and adoptive parents.
- Providing support to persons in the LGBTQ community